Kuala Lumpur and Selangor Chinese Association Hall (KLSCAH) can be considered the founder of Chinese Association in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur. Before Huazong was founded, KLSCAH acted as the main liaison among Chinese Association across the nation.
KLSCAH, which belongs to the Chinese community also serves the country and its society focuses on ensuring the voices within the Chinese community are heard while fighting for the benefits and rights of the community. KLSCAH’s membership is exclusively for entities/bodies from a selection of categories which includes charity organisation, geographic organisation, fellowship organisation, sports club, cultural, education & youth organisation, education institution association, clan association, industry & business association as well as religious association.
Organisation/ Institution Keypoints:
• Strengthen the relations among Chinese Association
• Facilitate activities organised by Chinese Association
• Uphold civil liberties
• Expressing voices within the Chinese Community
• Promote Chinese culture
• Promote social welfare
• Improve national unity
• Strive for national prosperity
Objectives are based on the KLSCAH’s code of conduct, focusing mainly on expressing the voice within the Chinese community, upholding civil rights, promoting national unity as well as to strive for national advancement. KLSCAH stands from a neutral standpoint in order to stand together with other Chinese association with similar goals.
KLSCAH is located at the heart of the country’s political, economic, culture and education platform. Thus, KLSCAH is also the place of reference for other Chinese associations across the country indicating that it has a certain symbolism and prestige to uphold. Therefore, KLSCAH aims to implement the policies as stated during programs and while distributing portfolio to uphold our leadership position within the society.
The objectives of each event must be clearly established as well as to fulfil the code of conduct of KLSCAH.
Each program/activity must be well planned and postmortem to be conducted after each program/activity for improvements in future events.
In the event of more than one section organizing similar events, the said sections ought to work together to save resources and open for more participation.
Any small scale, leadership or purpose-driven program/activities can be organised by members under the guidance of KLSCAH
Program/Activity shall be distributed to members for planning by their abilities and capabilities. Members with similar abilities and capabilities shall collaborate in organizing an event.
Make full use of the human resources, infrastructure and university graduates to promote the study of civil rights so as to provide suggestions or solutions for the betterment of the society
While organizing any program/activity, consider the usage of resources to avoid any wastage.
Prioritise training successors for Chinese Associations and reformation of the associations
Promote reformation among the Chinese society using the suitable outreach method
KLSCAH’s portfolio consists of mainly social-economy, culture & education, welfare, liaison, women, youth, civil rights and association matter. Each portfolio has a committee set up to take up issues related.
• To observe and study the influence of social-economic movement and policy towards the Chinese community.
• To raise awareness among members and the general public on social economic issues.
Cultural & Educational Committee
• To promote the unique culture of the Chinese community
• To uphold Chinese education
• To encourage cultural exchange
• To encourage social welfare works
• To increase welfare activity among the Chinese association
• To improve the relationship between KLSCAH and its grassroots
• To assist in event/program promotion
• To raise social awareness and status of women in the Chinese community
• To promote unity among the women in Chinese association
• To promote interaction and collaboration between women – run organisations
• To educate the youth on the idea of democracy
• To promote unity among Chinese youth organisation
• To promote interaction and collaboration between youth-run organisation
Civil Rights Committee
• To raise awareness on the notion of civil rights and human rights based on the United Malaysian Chinese Association Declaration 1985