Date: 6th September 2010 (Monday)
Time: 8.30pm (To cater to Muslim friends who Buka Puasa around 7.30pm)
Venue: Upstairs Auditorium of KLSCAH
联办：隆雪华堂民权委员会、“一个消音的大马”（1 Muted Malaysia）、《独立新闻在线》
Jointly organized by: CRC-KLSCAH, 1 Muted Malaysia, Mederkareview.com
The above organizer are embarking on a series of public forums in the wake of the recent crackdown on public dissent by the government. This is part of our initiative to promote a democratic space for Malaysians to engage in issues pertaining to freedom of expression.
The first session, entitled ‘Malays Are Muted Too!’ is organized with a view to discussing in greater depth the dilemma faced by the largest ethnic group in the country. On one hand, the Malays enjoy the constitutional provision of being recognized as Bumiputras; on the other hands, they continue to face restrictions of various forms imposed by the powers-that-be. It is therefore important that this dilemma is properly understood by all Malaysians in order to create a platform for multi-racial response.
1. Amir Muhammad – renowned writer and independent filmmaker whose artistic products are often too hot for the authorities to handle.
2. Jamaluddin Ibrahim – popular Mandarin-speaking DJ who has put the MCA leadership in the cross hairs over political interference.
3. Zunar – cartoonist who continues to entertain the nation with his hilarious political comics, to the chagrin of politicians.
4. Hishamuddin Rais – community activist, writer, and film maker. Currently he is writing as a columnist at The Edge, Malaysiakini.com, and The Sun.
1. Amir Muhammad（阿米尔·默哈末），知名作家兼独立导演，其艺术创作经常成为当权者的烫手山芋。
2. Jamaluddin Ibrahim（迦玛鲁丁），近日因为同马华公会领导层“杠上”了而爆红的电台DJ。
3. Zunar （祖纳），诙谐幽默的漫画家，其逗趣的作品让政府头疼不已，却叫民众乐开了怀。
4. Hishamuddin Rais（希山慕丁·莱益斯），前学运领袖，现为专栏作者及电影制作人。
Mediating Language: Malay / English / Mandarin
For further enquiries, please contact Mr. Chia, the assistant of KLSCAH at 03-22746645.