3. 社会传播中心（Pusat KOMAS）
4. 《连环扣》全国行动小组（National Interlok Action Team,NIAT)
5. 干净与公平选举联盟2.0（BERSIH 2.0）
6. 陈炘铠（NH Chan, 前上诉庭法官）
9. 黄文强（马来西亚选举观察联盟MEO-net，协调员 ）
10.拯救马来西亚委员会（Save Malaysia, Stop Lynas Committee）
07:00 – 08:00 pm : 自助式晚餐
08:00 – 08:10 pm : 第3届公民社会奖筹委会主席致词
08:10 – 08:20 pm : 马来西亚公民社会小史
08.20 – 08.45 pm : 介绍奖项与被提名组织／个人公布得奖名单与评审内容
08.45 – 09.00 pm : 颁奖仪式
09:00 – 09:30 pm : 专题演讲：“我的宪法”醒觉运动及其挑战
（“My Consti” and the challenges we face），云大舜，大马律师公会宪法法律委员会主席
09:30 – 10:00 pm : 交流 Q & A
1. 拉玛克里斯南 (国民醒觉运动主席)
2. 赛益依布拉欣 (废除内安法令联盟主席)
3. 仄三苏丁 (人民艺术工作者轴心组织主席)
4. 阿兹米沙隆 (马大法学系副教授)
5. 希山慕丁赖益斯 (资深评论人、艺术工作者)
6. 杨有为 (隆雪华堂总秘书)
7. 杨凯斌 (《当今大马》中文版主编)
3rd Civil Society Award Ceremony
Organizer : The Kuala Lumpur and Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall
Data : 12th December 2011 (Monday)
Time : 7:00 pm
Venue : Auditorium of KLSCAH
The KL & Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall (KLSCAH) will be having its 3rd Civil Society Award ceremony on 12 December 2011. The NGOs, activists and the public are invited to attend in order to acknowledge individuals and organizations on their contributions to civil society and to open up the democratic space.
The promotion and strengthening of freedom and democracy depend on the growth of civil society. The purpose of the award is to acknowledge individuals and organizations on their contributions to civil society and to open up the democratic space and at the same time encourage such participation by more individuals and organizations.
This award also serves as an evaluation to the civil society organizations and even to the overall performance of civil societies. Besides, we should recognize the importance of civil societies as the third-sector and NGOs are moving our society to be more progressive. We hope that this would encourage the communal organizations to be more open and be more proactive in the public affairs.
Individuals who are Malaysian citizens or organizations in Malaysia are eligible for nomination. The Award is given once a year, which can be conferred on up to three individuals or organizations in no particular order.
The winner of the civil society award will be announced by the award committee. All nominees will be granted testimonials as recognition and encouragement of their contribution to the civil society while the winner will be awarded RM5000, trophy as well as testimonials. A thematic speech will be delivered at the ceremony as to analyze the concept of civil society and the current situation of the country.
And the nominees are:
1. Chou Z Lam (Founder of Peoples Documentary Foundation)
3. Pusat KOMAS
4. NIAT (National Interlok Action Team)
5. BERSIH 2.0
6. NH Chan(Former Appeal Court Judge)
7. Lee Chor Seng (Former Chairman of Counselor of Sg. Buloh Leprosy Settlement)
8. Tan Hing (Chairman of Counselor of Sg. Buloh Leprosy Settlement)
9. Ong Boon Keong (Malaysian Election Observation Network coordinator)
10.Save Malaysia, Stop Lynas Committee.
07:00 pm Registration and dinner
08:00 pm Promulgation ceremony and speeches
1. Greetings by Ser Choon Ing, (Chairman of the Civil Society Award Organizing Committee)
2. Brief history of the Malaysian civil society
3. “My Consti and the challenges we face” by Edmund Bon (Chairman of Malaysian Bar Council’s constitutional law committee)
4. Prize Ceremony and Judges’ note
5. Q & A section
KLSCAH hopes that this initiative will encourage more individuals and organizations to participate in pushing for social progress and to establish a civil society. The growth of civil society requires participation of all ethnic groups and all segments of the society. We thus invite all to join us in this activity and welcome feedback so that we can move forward to a more open and progressive society.
Should you have further enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact the assistant secretary of the KLSCAH, Chia Wei Loon , 03-22746645.
The Selection Committee
A seven-member Selection Committee shall be formed by prominent scholars and community leaders. The committee will verify the eligibility of nominees and select recipients of the award.
1. P. Ramakrishnan (President of ALIRAN)
2. Syed Ibrahim Syed Noh (President of GMI)
3. Che Shamsudin Othman (President of Seniman Paksi Rakyat M’sia, PAKSI)
4. Azmi Sharom (Associate Professor of Law Faculty of UM)
5. Hishammudin Rais (Veteran Writer, Art Worker)
6. Yong Yew Wei (Secretary General of KLSCAH)
7. Yong Kai Ping (Editor of Malaysiakini Chinese version)
Criteria for Selection
The committee will select recipients of the award according to the following criteria:
(a) Playing an important role in defending freedom of political participation and fighting for greater space for social freedom and democracy;
(b) Actively promoting the cooperation of civil groups from different background and areas;
(c) Initiating and pioneering social reforms;
(d) Promoting communications and interactions among different ethnic groups.